DevOps aims for a simple, yet important goal to make IT easier, faster and cheaper, to provide more value faster to the business/consumer/user.
What is DevOps?
DASA DevOps Certifications
The DASA DevOps Certification Program is for passionate IT professionals who want to succeed with DevOps. Every certification covers specific topics from the DASA DevOps Competence Model.
DevOps Fundamentals is the starting point for anyone involved in an Agile and/or DevOps team. Improved workflows and faster deployment start with a core understanding of DevOps fundamentals by all team members.
The certification is designed to provide the core education necessary to put DevOps into practice. With the help of DevOps theory, pragmatic examples and exercises, and interactive group discussions, the course will help you understand how to apply the necessary skills to practice DevOps.
The certification extends traditional Agile Product Owner programs and deals with the extended set of requirements that the Product Owner faces when teams start to take on both Dev and Ops responsibilities.
What is DASA?
DevOps Agile Skills Association (DASA) is an independent and open, members driven association supporting the development of DevOps training and certification to the global market. Advocating the development of High-Performance IT Professionals and Teams through agile DevOps initiatives.
DASA certification scheme has been designed to address the skills requirements from as Foundational, Professional and Leadership Level. The objective is to provide the right training paths based on the needs of both individuals and organizations.
As a training partner, Continium is delivering accredited DASA trainings for professionals who want to progress in their career and practice DevOps.
Trusted by Professionals from
DevOps, Everyone is Talking About it, But How Do You Do It?
Interested in understanding how DASA can provide you and your team the Skills and Knowledge needed for your IT Transformational Journey?
DASA DevOps Principles
DASA DevOps Competence Model
Helps individuals and teams to determine how ready they are for DevOps, and if the team has the right set of skills and capabilities to achieve high-performance levels.
The DASA DevOps Competence Model describes the essential skills needed in a DevOps team. DASA has identified 4 skill areas, and 8 knowledge areas, and outlined what the expected behavior or knowledge is for each of these 12 capabilities.
1. Courage: Evangelism, coaching, self-confidence, proactivity, reflection, trust, open discussions, experimentation, fail fast, courage to change.
2. Teambuilding: Understand the other’s point of view, collaboration, mutual accountability, common purpose, ability to integrally support the service/product.
3. DevOps Leadership: Facilitating teams to high performance, humility, transparency, Service lifecycle mindset, Stakeholder management.
4. Continuous improvement: Today we do our work better than yesterday, kaizen mindset, quality at the source, first time right, knowledge-sharing, ability to adapt.
1. Business Value Optimization: Use of the IT service in real life, including direct feedback loop of user comments to team, service level management, definition of done, business activity/performance monitoring, business case management.
2. Business Analysis: Functional requirements, non-functional requirements, longer term development of business process (based on translation of market developments), data analysis, and refinement.
3. Architecture & Design: Ensuring fit between developments and current situation, overall service design, patterns & styles.
4. Programming: Software engineering mastery, everything as code, data management.
5. Continuous Delivery: Automated testing, deployment and release management, configuration management, version control, cloud, containerization, feature-driven delivery.
6. Test Specification: Design of test cases, test concepts.
7. Infrastructure Engineering: Technical monitoring, performance management (e.g load balancing etc.), capacity and availability management, reliability engineering, cloud, containerization.
8. Security, Risk & Compliance: Security, service continuity planning.